Search This Blog Content

Sunday, December 2, 2012

MAUNGATAPU PRIMARY SCHOOL'S COASTAL DISCOVERY 2012








We all had an amazing time. Thank you to Van and Ranger Mark. Thank you also to the parents who came along for the day.
 
HERE ARE SOME STUDENT REFLECTIONS
I never knew Maori people lived in a Pa on Mauao. I was really interested in seeing the hole that was once a house.
It was interesting to find out that the Little Blue penguin nests on Mauao. I would like to build some houses for them.
I never knew so many creatures lived in the rock pools. If you stand really still and ait, you see lots of little sea life moving around.
I learnt about the special pathway between the rocks that has calm waters and the first Maori tied their waka there so it was safe.
The best thing about the day was seeing all the different traps used to catch predators on Mauao. I would like to be able to help them get more.
I liked learning about what type of volcano Mauao was and how the lava squired out like toothpaste. I never knew it was a volcano.
It was such an awesome day. I learnt so much. Having predator free islands around Tauranga is very cool and seeing the place where one of the first waka got shelter was really cool. I never knew about the Petrels and the Little Blue Penguins. It would be cool to raise money to help make shelters and buy traps for the stoats.









No comments:

Post a Comment